Having straighter teeth can give you a more pleasing aesthetic smile and also boost your confidence. Today, there are more options in the dentistry world that can help you obtain straighter teeth than ever before! A common question for our patients is which one is the best option?
While we wish there was a simple one answer that fits all to this question, there is not. Depending on your specific concerns and needs, our dentists work with you to find the best option for you. In many situations, you can choose between the Invisalign or traditional braces, but it is important to realize that it may not be the same case for you.
When Is Invisalign A Good Option?
One of the ways in which our dentists determine if Invisalign is for you is by having you come in for an evaluation. At this appointment, our dentist will examine your mouth and ask you about any questions or concerns that you have. Our dentists gather the following information:
- Is crowding present?
- Are there spaces or gaps that need closing?
- Is there a crossbite?
- Is there an open bite?
- Are dental implants or bridges present?
- Are you concerned about other people noticing that you are in orthodontic treatment?
We have treated all the above conditions on patients by using Invisalign; however, how minimal or severe your tooth misalignment is can affect whether or not you are a good candidate for Invisalign. It is the answers to these questions and more that help our dentist figure out all the possible options for straightening your teeth.
Benefits Of Invisalign
If you are a candidate for Invisalign there are some definite benefits for you as the patient!
- First, you will avoid pokey braces and broken wires. This eliminates unnecessary trips to your orthodontist for them to fix these issues. It also saves you some discomfort because we all know a broken wire poking your gum tissue doesn’t feel good.
- Second, you might just get away without those around you even noticing that you are in orthodontic treatment. For some people’s occupations or even for their self-confidence, this can be a major bonus!
- Third, Invisalign is easier for you to keep clean! When brushing and flossing your teeth, you don’t have to work around brackets and wires. Your Invisalign trays can be removed so that you can easily clean your teeth. After cleaning your teeth, you will want to put the trays back in your mouth so that they will continue to do the work of moving your teeth into proper alignment.
What If I Don’t Qualify For Invisalign?
We know it may feel a little disappointing to find out that you don’t qualify for Invisalign treatment. The good news though is that there are likely more fitting options available for you.
It is important to find a dentist whom you feel comfortable with but also one whom you can trust. Without going to dental school, it’s hard for you to know what is best for your dental situation; thus it is important to have a dentist that you can trust!
At Bridge Creek Dental, our dental team is committed to meeting your personal dental needs. Your mouth is unique, thus we believe that your treatment should be too!
Have you ever asked your dentist if you are a candidate for Invisalign? If you are curious, it doesn’t hurt to ask. We love educating our patients on Invisalign and determining whether or not Invisalign is a good option for them. Call our office today and we can get you set up for an orthodontic evaluation with our skilled dental team.Share This:
Leave a Reply